Technical Manager, Manufacturing Engineering
Technical Manager, Manufacturing Engineering
Arlington, TX, US, 76011 West Hartford, CT, US, 06110-1328 North Wales, PA, US, 19454-0901 Clemmons, NC, US, 27012
Triumph Group designs, engineers, manufactures, repairs and overhauls a broad portfolio of aviation and industrial components, accessories, subassemblies, systems and aircraft structures. We partner with original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and operators of commercial, regional, business and military aircraft worldwide, to provide products and services that solve their hardest problems. So whatever the part, component or complexity of assembly, Triumph is committed to quality, service and meeting the specialized needs of each customer.
Triumph participates at all levels of the aerospace supply chain – from single components, to complex systems, to aerospace structures and their contents. We provide solutions for the entire product life cycle of an aircraft – from raw material to aftermarket service. Our unique ability to integrate a broad range of products and capabilities is our competitive advantage.
The Technical Manager, Manufacturing Engineering will be responsible for identifying, implementing, and standardizing Manufacturing Technology solutions across Triumph. This role reports to the Operations Director and is a key position in the Operations leadership team. The role will work with all Triumph Engineering, Manufacturing and Operations teams in the design of production machinery and will identify and recommend solutions to production problems related to technology, materials, processes, and tooling.
The Technical Manager will collaborate with leaders across the business to support executing the Digital Transformation roadmap to drive operational excellence.
- Manage the identification and deployment of Digital Transformation solutions across Triumph.
- The role is largely hands on while leading a team of 2-3 Technical Staff in planning and implementation of companywide Technology, Manufacturing systems and best practices to drive operational excellence.
- Coordinate cross-functional technical team from varied Triumph business to deploy companywide digital transformation initiatives and projects.
- Develop and present Digital and Manufacturing Technology Roadmap/Strategy to Senior Management
- Work in collaboration with Triumph Technology leaders to grow and enhance the Digital Engineering/Technology roadmap.
- Support all aspects of Product Life Cycle from concept, requirements, design, implementation, and launch.
- Provide technical Support and collaborate with Triumph Sites from NPI, Design to Production to ensure robust DFA/DFM methods are implemented.
- Maintains knowledge of new and developing manufacturing technology, equipment, and applications; applies this knowledge to recommend and implement new technology and processes across Triumph.
- Support Standardization of Manufacturing Equipment & Processes and coordinate the implementation of Best Practices.
- Assesses cost effectiveness and feasibility of manufacturing processes; makes and implements recommendations to reduce costs and improve efficiency.
- Support development and execution of plant renovations and expansions, coordinates outside contractors and vendors as required.
- Experience in some areas of Digital Transformation (Digital technology, process automation, Data Analytics, Predictive Analysis, Industry 4.0 etc.) Required.
- Knowledge of Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES)/ERP required.
- Knowledge of Machining and /or other Manufacturing Processes required.
- Working knowledge of CAD/CAM, DNC systems, PLM systems, Production automation
- Capital Expenditure Planning preferred.
- Experienced in application of Continuous Improvements (CI) and Lean Principles required.
- Experience managing multiple complex tasks/projects, setting workload priorities,
- Thorough understanding of plant engineering, industrial engineering, and tooling required.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical, Project Management, leadership, and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software to prepare budgets and records.
- Ability to interact with stakeholders at all levels, including external customers and vendors.
- Strong customer facing skills.
- Comfortable with developing and delivering presentations to employees or executives of all levels.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, or equivalent experience in a technical Manufacturing Engineering field.
- 8 years of Manufacturing Engineering with a Technology focus experience
- At least 2 years of supervisory experience preferred.
- Ability to Travel domestic and foreign.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
Pursuant to International Traffic Arms Regulations (“ITAR”) and the Export Administration Regulations (“EAR”), applicants for SELECT positions will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship, U.S. Permanent Residence, or U.S. Immigration Status in order to meet the minimum qualifications for those select positions. All inquiries related to citizenship are asked solely to comply with ITAR and EAR export licensing requirements.
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage with plan options that provide flexibility and choice (including telehealth options)
- Healthcare spending accounts
- Paid parental leave
- Paid/flexible time off in addition to paid company holidays
- 401(k) with company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Disability and life insurance
- Incentives and performance-based rewards
- Exciting growth and development opportunities empowered by our TRIUMPH Transformation and an entrepreneurial environment that encourages innovation and creativity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability.
Please be aware that the Company requires all employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to obtain OR show proof of a vaccination. The Company is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.
Please contact us if you require assistance in applying for Triumph Group and we will provide reasonable accommodations via HRDepartment@triumphgroup.com. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please click here .
Nearest Major Market: Arlington Texas
Nearest Secondary Market: Dallas