Remote Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner -1099 Contract (NY licensed)
Vita Health Services is on a mission to improve access to high quality mental health care and suicide services for adolescents, families, and adults. Our suicide care interventions, general therapy and psychiatry services are delivered through our telehealth platform.We are a group of highly skilled, compassionate and dedicated clinicians focused on meeting our patients where they are and helping improve the patient’s quality of life through the use of evidence based mental health care. We utilize research and consult with experts in the field to guide our proprietary interventions and services. We partner with primary care providers, health plans, colleges and universities, major health systems, and other community providers across the nation to ensure our services are accessible, affordable, and timely. We know you have many choices where to work. We are committed to delivering the best employment experience to our team, all who work remotely.
We are expanding our clinical team and are looking for one Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner currently licensed in NY who is passionate about providing care to adolescents and young adults. Under the supervision of a psychiatrist, you will perform independent evaluations and follow-ups for adolescent and adult patients, via telehealth. This role is fully remote.
- One year of PMHNP experience working with ages 12 & up.
- MA degree in Nursing and ANCC Psychiatric Mental Health Certification.
- Licensed Nurse Practitioner in Psychiatry in: New York.
- Current DEA Certificate required.
- Knowledge of Federal, State, and local regulations, accreditation, and licensing standards relative to the NY, CT and FL State Board of Nursing.
- Advanced proficiency using a computer and navigating technology (Google workplace, EHRs).
- Willingness to be cross licensed by Vita in at least three additional states and provide services to patients in those states as needed.
- Be comfortable to work from home with reliable internet connection and must have privacy to maintain patient confidentiality and HIPAA requirements.
- Provide up to 10-15 clinical hours per week.
- Create your own schedule within parameters, with some evening hours required.
- Provide initial evaluations and ongoing psychiatric care through video based telehealth sessions for adolescents and young adults.
- Complete all required clinical documentation in a timely manner.
- Be part of a collaborative clinical team through participating in weekly psychiatric consultation meetings, individual meetings with your supervising psychiatrist, consulting with patients therapist as needed and attending company-wide town halls.
- Key focus areas may include:
- COVID/Mental Health
- Prescribe and medications and order labs as needed.
- Prescribe controlled substances only where allowable and DEA/CDS exists, otherwise participate in collaborative care with primary care provider.
- Work within a team approach to patient care through collaborating with Vita therapists and community therapists.
- Participate in credentialing and cross licensure in 3 to 5 states and provide services to patients in those states as needed.
Compensation: $68/hour for 10-15 hours per week.
- Create your own schedule within parameters. Some evening hours are required.
- Remote freedom within the US
- Apple laptop provided
- Practice your expertise without the hassle of billing or marketing. We handle that for you!
- Collaboration with a clinical team
- Potential to be cross licensed by Vita, based on company need.
- Live support from 8am-8pm for clinical emergencies
- IT support
Why should you choose Vita Health?
At Vita, you'll be part of a small team of psychiatric clinicians, whom meet weekly and will support your growth as a prescriber. You'll be part of an exciting and growing company providing high quality, insurance covered care, dedicated to the youth mental health crisis. You’ll have access to cutting-edge clinical tools, including outcome measures, to guide care effectively. You’ll be able to focus on prescribing while our business development team fills your caseload, care coordinators handle scheduling, and the billing department processes payments.
If this sounds like a fit, we’re excited to meet you!
Please be alert for potential recruitment fraud. To confirm open roles please view our Careers Page: www.VitaHealth.care/careers. All correspondence will come from @VitaHealth.care email addresses and will never come from @gmail or other email services. Vita Health will never ask you to download software, pay money or provide banking information.
Vytyl Health Management Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to their race, religion, creed, color, national origin, gender identity or expression, physical ability, mental disability, sexual orientation, marital status, sex, age, genetic information, veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, in all personnel actions including recruitment, evaluation, selection, promotion, compensation, training, and termination.