REMOTE Clinical Care Coordinator (Part-Time)
Vita Health Services is on a mission to improve access to high quality mental health care and suicide services for adolescents, families, and adults. Our suicide care interventions, general therapy and psychiatry services are delivered through our telehealth platform.We are a group of highly skilled, compassionate and dedicated clinicians focused on meeting our patients where they are and helping improve the patient’s quality of life through the use of evidence based mental health care. We utilize research and consult with experts in the field to guide our proprietary interventions and services. We partner with primary care providers, health plans, colleges and universities, major health systems, and other community providers across the nation to ensure our services are accessible, affordable, and timely. We know you have many choices where to work. We are committed to delivering the best employment experience to our team, all who work remotely.
As a telehealth company, helping people connect quickly to care is crucial to our success. We know that the health care system is difficult to navigate. Seeking mental health care takes bravery and courage. At Vita Health, we want people to experience the process of starting mental health care as welcoming, simple, and efficient. As a Clinical Care Coordinator, you will combine your love of helping people with your knowledge of accessing behavioral health care. You will have the privilege of directly assisting people seeking care (and their family members). Your role will be to create an optimal customer experience and to guide new patients through registration and scheduling for their first appointment. This will involve outreach to people inquiring about our services and answering inbound call center lines, scheduling, communicating with patients, parents, providers, and referring partners. You will interact with referring medical practices, hospital and health plan care managers, and others who send patients to Vita Health to help people quickly get access to care. Using your clinical skills in motivational interviewing, you will be a superb listener, an empathic guide, and help resolve any ambivalence that may come up when someone is contemplating making a change. You will also be an action oriented problem solver to ensure a best in class experience for those seeking care. You will assist clinicians with other scheduling and referral needs. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is in training to be a licensed clinician or has some level of social work/ counseling experience.
● Clearly communicate Vita Health services and offerings to patients, parents, and referrers by answering inbound calls and messages and conducting outbound outreach.
● Help resolve ambivalence or questions about seeking care such that 40% or more of those seeking care schedule for their first session while on the call
● Coordinate scheduling, rescheduling patient appointments - manage reminders as needed.
● Accurately enter data regarding patient notes, referrals, and demographics in the electronic health record in a timely manner
● Documents all interactions with patients and providers across various mediums
● Responds to patient and Clinician inquiries via phone, text, email, and health record requests.
● Acts as a liaison for patients with other internal and external organizational verticals (i.e. Clinical operations, business development, credentialing etc.)
● Answer questions about type of care and type of clinicians Vita Health offers
● Some bachelor level education in counseling, social work, therapy or equivalent is preferred (may be currently enrolled)
● Relevant work experience helping people access healthcare is preferred
● Customer service or call center experience a plus
● Use of electronic medical records in a work setting preferred
● Experience with motivational interviewing preferred
● Awareness of behavioral health therapy modalities, clinical licensure types, levels of care required
Required Attributes / Skills
● Empathic and excellent people skills
● Able to problem solve and help patients when seeking care
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills
● Thrives in fast paced, growth oriented environment
● Organized, detailed, and self-driven
● Comfort with using technology (call center technology, electronic health records, etc)
● Comfortable working independently and among a team environment
● Experience with Google Suite
Compensation rate: $20 per hour
- Remote freedom from within the US
- Apple laptop provided
- Monitor (available upon request)
Please be alert for potential recruitment fraud. To confirm open roles please view our Careers Page: www.VitaHealth.care/careers. All correspondence will come from @VitaHealth.care email addresses and will never come from @gmail or other email services. Vita Health will never ask you to download software, pay money or provide banking information.
Vytyl Health Management Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to their race, religion, creed, color, national origin, gender identity or expression, physical ability, mental disability, sexual orientation, marital status, sex, age, genetic information, veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, in all personnel actions including recruitment, evaluation, selection, promotion, compensation, training, and termination.