Senior (or Lead) UI/UX Designer
Posted on Friday, June 18, 2021
Wellinks is a COPD-focused digital health company fueled by a mission to empower people in their pursuit to breathe freely. Wellinks’ lead asset is a digitally enabled and outcomes-driven holistic virtual care management solution for COPD, with a focus on reinventing respiratory care. The company’s expertise in COPD innovation began with the development and FDA 510(k) clearance of Flyp Nebulizer, the first truly pocket-portable nebulizer, allowing patients simple, convenient, and connected access to breathing treatments.
The Product Team at Wellinks is responsible for developing amazing experiences for all of our stakeholders, including patients, clinicians, payors, and internal team members in our health coach program. Our work covers devices, software, and services, and we commit to and embody the principles of human centered design and user-first problem solving.
Wellinks is looking for a Sr. UI/UX Designer to join the team and provide product and design leadership that helps us create impactful products and services that change peoples’ lives. This person will be working with a team of designers to develop a design system that provides structure for a suite of user facing mobile and web apps, as well as internal tools for managing patients. This software will facilitate seamless and delightful experiences for patients, clinicians, caregivers, and health coaches. Their contributions will directly impact patient engagement, clinical outcomes, and company growth.
- Develop a deep understanding of user needs across various stakeholders via user research, and share and synthesize those research insights
- Craft user flows and wireframes to communicate solutions to various internal and external stakeholders
- Work closely with the engineering team and product strategy team to develop product roadmap and milestones
- Work closely with the Chief Product Officer on design strategy and internal Design Ops procedures
- Develop and roll out a Wellinks design system to streamline design work and create more consistent user experiences
- Direct user research and feedback and synthesize insights into design decisions and directions
- Design interfaces and interactions in Figma that are elegant and intuitive to use
- Ensure that the design team adheres to high standards of software accessibility for all of our users
The ideal candidate must…
- Have 5+ years of experience working as a designer, with at least 3+ years of UI or UX experience
- Have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a design discipline (Graphic design, Human Factors, Interaction Design, Interface Design, UI/UX, etc)
- Have worked with developers to ship products in use by users
- Be an expert in Figma, Sketch, Adobe XD, or similar design tools
- Have worked within and maintained a design system
- Have experience working within an agile development process
- Be empathetic and user-centric
- Have experience with hypothesis-driven product development and user testing
- Be comfortable with ambiguity and complexity in the problems they are tackling
- Be able to balance stakeholder needs with business priorities
- Be committed to collaboration and open communication across the team
- Have a bias towards action
- Be able to build and adapt design processes around the team to bring out the best in all their teammates
- Have extremely strong organizational skills
- Be extremely detail oriented and quality-focused in their work
- Have strong written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- Be hungry to learn and stretch your capabilities in a high-growth early-stage startup
- Thrive in dynamic and collaborative environment
- Be willing to mentor junior designers and provide design leadership and vision to the rest of the design and product team
- Be bold and entrepreneurial – comfortable with challenging conventional thinking
This position can be remote or in house.
- Experience working in healthcare, and particularly digital health and technology
- Experience working with healthcare professionals in addition to patients
- Experience designing products for people who are 60+ or with low technology fluency
Equal Employment Opportunity
Convexity Scientific (Wellinks) embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better and more impactful our work will be! Convexity Scientific, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, citizenship, protected veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.