Credit and Collections Specialist-On-site/Hybrid
Saving the World! Help Wanted…
Budderfly is a fast-growth, private equity-backed energy management outsourcing company that is committed to reducing global carbon emissions for small to medium sized enterprises. We are the premier sustainability partner for businesses with repeatable footprints such as restaurant chains, assisted living facilities, retail franchises, and more. With zero upfront investment, Budderfly installs, monitors, and manages a combination of patented technologies, equipment upgrades, and proprietary energy software to help deliver complete energy saving solutions for our customers.
Ranked #2 in energy companies and #10 overall on the 2021 Inc. 5000 America’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies list.
We are an energetic and dedicated team working together to make a positive impact on the environment while providing an excellent customer experience. We are growing quickly and looking to add talented people who are passionate about making the world a better place!
We have an opportunity for a motivated individual to fill the role of Credit and Collections Specialist. In this position, the successful candidate will be responsible for establishing the client’s eligibility for onboarding and post onboarding compliance.
Why this Role is Important:
This position will support the finance team in evaluating a client's potential eligibility and financial track record to determine ability to proceed with onboarding. Once approved to onboard, this position will follow through with the contractual agreement for payment methods.
- Receive and review credit applications for accuracy. Assure that all information needed to process a review has been properly completed.
- Run necessary reports on the customers’ financial track records.
- Perform risk analysis and use the findings to determine if credit can be issued.
- Informing sales of the approval or denial and reasons if denied.
- Establishing the payment requirement per contracts.
- Support, research and resolve potential delinquency concerns.
- Placing credit holds on accounts that do not comply.
- Compiling a list of defaulters, to report to appropriate department for next steps.
- Working with outside collection agencies on collection follow-up.
- Other duties as assigned.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- A degree in accounting, finance, microeconomics or similar is preferred.
- Minimum 1-3 years’ experience as a credit specialist.
- Familiarity with business customer base.
- Strong communication, research, and decision-making skills.
- Ability to present data collected and analyzed to management.
- Willingness to institute measures to ensure contractual obligations are met.
Hourly Rate: $24.04-$28.85
What We Offer:
- Career advancement opportunities in a fast-growing, supportive company environment
- Competitive pay
- Full benefits package including medical, dental, vison, 401K, life insurance, and disability insurance
- Opportunity to work as part of a team that values its members and works together to achieve positive change.
Budderfly is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status, and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
We welcome all job seekers, including those with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career web page as a result of your disability.