Head of Business Development - 00049
Head of Business Development
Mystic, CT USA
November 21, 2023
At Enko we believe that to create the future the world wants, we need to change the way the world grows.Our goal is not just to create something better, but to play a part in something bigger. Enko discovers and develops novel products for farmers to protect their crops from pests and disease.
- Our products address a $70 billion core market focused on crop health with expansion into adjacent markets worth $300+ billion.
- We have $150 million in capitalization, with $80 million raised as part of a Series C in December 2022
- Our global investors include Anterra Capital, Nufarm, The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Eight Roads Ventures, Finistere Ventures, Rabo Food & Agri Innovation Fund, Novalis LifeSciences, Taher Gozal, Germin8 Ventures, TO Ventures Food, Endeavor8, Connecticut Innovations, Silver Blue LLC, and Alumni Ventures Group.
- We have over 40 novel, active pipeline programs and 5 strategic partnerships announced, including Syngenta and Bayer
- Our headquarters and research facility in Mystic, CT has 90,000 square feet of state-of-the-art labs and computer-controlled greenhouses built for pre-field experimentation and scale.
Our agricultural invention platform, Enkompass™, uses A.I. and machine learning to create more effective ways of finding and selecting the right treatments for the right targets. Led by a team of proven scientists, entrepreneurs, and industry veterans, Enko’s innovative science, agile design, and discovery of new modes of action is producing next-generation crop protection solutions that will overcome the critical challenges facing industry. The industry has taken notice, and we have active projects with many key industry players…with more to come!
We are hiring across the organization to achieve our desired growth objectives, and our best asset is our team members. We value you and your career journey. We focus on impact over hours!
- 10+ years of experience in licensing, deal and contract negotiations
- Ideally 10+ years of business development experience in the AgChem industry
- Successful track record of identifying opportunities and closing complex commercial partnership agreements.
- Experience in developing comprehensive business and go-to-market strategies.
- Experience commercializing new disruptive technologies and products and partnering with key industry players.
- Results orientated with a drive to succeed.
- Strong strategic and critical thinking skills
- Adaptability to work in a growth environment effectively.
- Strong relationship, influencing and negotiation skills.
- Energetic with a hands-on approach
- Plan and implement a business development strategy that is in line with annual objectives and identifying strategicmarket segments and partner lists to target for new business generation; cultivate of new and existing relationships.
- Accelerate the portfolio and revenue ramp across a rapidly growing set of novel-pipeline products.
- Research, identify and develop new business development and lead prospects.
- Attend conferences and maintain active participation in industry groups and events; participate in speaking opportunities.
- Monitor business development activity to drive new partnership opportunities for given market segments.
- Drive program scope and pricing strategies for commercial offerings and collaborate to set strategy for agreements for each program.
- Monitors and reports on market, partner and competitor activities and provides relevant information to internal stakeholders.
- Collaborate to analyze inbound marketing data/trends to drive new business development activities.
Key Performance Objectives
- Identify and close commercial partnership agreements:
- Identify new joint development partners and opportunities for Enko products and platform technology with a significant increase in revenue potential over the next 5 years.
- Build and present potential customers with “win-win”business propositions.
- Plan and execute complex commercial agreements with new partners. (e.g., royalties, JDA, Licensing, Distribution)
- Successfully implement new and innovative collaboration models and deal structures with key partners
- Provide all the financial and business analysis associated with the deal flow.
- Lead and execute the global business development strategy:
- Execute the strategic roadmap and comprehensive go-to-market strategies for new products and technologies in collaboration with the Leadership Team
- Leverage a global network of contacts to expand the business in new geographies and regions.
- Analyze market dynamics across the value chain to access new and disruptive areas (e.g., Precision Ag, AgTech, Genetics,E-commerce) to engage in partnership.
- Collaborate with finance to create robust financial modelling processes for qualification and due diligence of new commercial opportunities.
- Collaborate with leadership teams to execute the strategy and communicate it effectively throughout the organization.
- Drive cross functional collaboration with internal and external stakeholders:
- Implement comprehensive processes to qualify and prioritize new opportunities.
- Evaluate innovation projects based on financial feasibility, time to market and growth potential, aligning innovation priorities, initiatives and resources with company strategy and growth ambitions.
- Provide strategic input and leadership to help guide portfolio & pipeline development in collaboration with the R&D team.
- Build and nurture internal and external relationships across legal, R&D, innovation, regulatory and sales.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related life sciences / engineering field (Chemistry, Biology, Chemical Engineering, etc.) required.
- Advanced degree and/or extensive business experience preferred.
Submit your application
Please allow a few days for our team to review your application. If you are successful a member of our team will get back to you with next steps.