Manager of Financial Planning & Analysis
We are a venture-backed, knowledge automation tech company with a cutting edge, AI driven, SaaS platform to automate the right answers for the people that need them most.
Our platform plugs into a company’s content systems, learns from the data, and then helps employees respond to queries without hunting for information. Without Shelf, the average worker currently spends 19% of their time tracking down answers, and COVID-19 made it worse.
Our goal is to turn every customer service representative into a super-agent by helping them find answers to questions instantly. We provide immediate Day 1 ROI for some of the world’s top brands and enterprises right now.
Our mission is to empower humanity with better answers everywhere and our vision goes far beyond solutions for contact centers.
Manager of Financial Planning & Analysis
We are seeking a highly analytical and strategic Manager of Financial Planning and Analysis to join our growing finance team. The Manager of Financial Planning and Analysis will be responsible for driving financial planning and analysis activities, including budgeting, forecasting, variance analysis, and financial modeling. The successful candidate will be a self-starter with strong attention to detail and the ability to collaborate across teams and departments.
- Develop and maintain financial models to support budgeting, forecasting, and long-term planning on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Maintain ARR on a weekly and monthly basis with an eye toward opportunities and areas of concern
- Own investor reporting packages, including project managing other department KPI reporting into those reports
- Prepare and analyze monthly and quarterly financial statements and performance reports, including income statements, balance sheets, and cash flow statements, and provide feedback and visibility to accounting and departments
- Provide financial insights and analysis to support decision-making and strategic planning.
- Collaborate with and lead other departments to develop budgets and forecasts, and to track actual results against budgeted expectations.
- Conduct variance analysis and identify trends and key drivers of financial performance.
- Assist and own key areas of the preparation of presentations for senior management and board of directors.
- Identify opportunities to improve financial performance and operational efficiency.
- Help build financial reporting capabilities, including dashboards and metrics, to provide actionable insights to various stakeholders.
- Automate budgeting by incorporating available off the shelf technologies including AI
- Develop and maintain financial policies and procedures, ensuring compliance with applicable accounting standards and regulations.
- Participate in special projects and ad hoc analysis as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or related field. MBA or CPA preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in financial planning and analysis, preferably in a startup SaaS or technology company.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to develop financial models and analyze large data sets.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to present complex financial information in a clear and concise manner.
- Proven ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams and build strong relationships with stakeholders.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, with the ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Strong skills in Excel and other financial analysis tools.
- Familiarity with financial reporting systems and ERP software
What We Offer
- Competitive starting salary, with additional bonus opportunities (based on team and individual investment performance)
- Generous equity grant in the form of company stock options
- Comprehensive health and wellness packages
Stamford, CT (Hybrid)
- According to MarketWatch in November 2022, the global knowledge management market size was valued at US$405 Billion in 2021 and is expected to expand at a CAGR of 18.12% during the forecast period, reaching US$1.1 Trillion by 2027
- Our Leadership Team has deep knowledge management and AI domain expertise and enterprise SaaS background to execute this plan
- We have raised over $60 million in funding and our investors include Tiger Global, Insight Partners, Connecticut Innovations, and others
- Our platform has been consistently rated #1 for overall usability by Gartner Digital Markets, and has received Easiest to Use, Easiest to Admin, and Highest Adoption awards from G2., and product of the year and innovation awards from leading publications, such as CIO Review.
- We have high velocity growth powered by the most innovative product in our category, 3X growth for 3 years in a row
- We now have over 100 employees in multiple U.S. states and European countries, and we have ambitious hiring goals over the next few months