Engineering Technician 2
Engineering Technician 2
Yakima, WA, US, 98903
Responsible for designing, building, maintaining, and repairing electrical and electronic test equipment associated with testing Triumph Actuation Systems – Yakima products for qualification or delivery.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Under the direction of the Test Engineers or department engineers, build prototype circuits from electronic schematics.
- Assist the Test Engineers or department engineers in the development of electronic circuitry and devices for test set-ups, technical proposals, and electronic products.
- Assist the Production Department during assembly, test, and repair of electronic products and test equipment.
- Provide ongoing assistance to the Production Department to keep all test systems running and participate in required repairs and updates of the systems including, electrical, electronic, or hydraulic equipment repairs.
- Assemble, manage, and maintain the test computers used throughout the facility.
- Assist the Quality Department in scheduled calibration of electronic equipment and other test equipment as required.
- Assist in set-up and running of tests in the Engineering and Assembly and Test Department, particularly in the area of applying electronics and computer-aided control developed for that purpose.
- Procure electronic supplies and equipment. Maintain purchasing records and control of incoming supplies. Maintain financial records and balances as required.
- Take full responsibility to prepare calibration procedures, maintenance, and operation documents for test equipment and products.
- Ensure that computer and electronic resources are used efficiently and effectively in all test areas. Stay abreast of computer and instrumentation technology trends and recommend enhancements to existing computer systems.
- Using electronic CAD systems, create schematic capture, PCB layout, and design working with Test Engineering as necessary.
- Observe company testing procedures and make suggestions on ways to automate or more efficiently control such testing.
- Maintain orderly and retrievable records of work performed.
- Regularly report activities to the responsible Test Engineer and keep them apprised of the status of all assigned tasks.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or equivalent required and six (6) months to one (1) year related experience and/or training; OR
- One (1) to two (2) years of multi-tool machining experience inclusive of one (1) year of hands-on CNC experience.
- Stay abreast of technology and advances in the electronic field.
Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
Pursuant to International Traffic Arms Regulations (“ITAR”) and the Export Administration Regulations (“EAR”), applicants for SELECT positions will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship, U.S. Permanent Residence, or U.S. Immigration Status to meet the minimum qualifications for those select positions. All inquiries related to citizenship are asked solely to comply with ITAR and EAR export licensing requirements.
We offer a generous benefits package including medical, dental, vision, FSA/HSA plans, STD, LTD, life insurance, AD&D, EAP, legal, ID theft, pet insurance, tuition assistance, 401k plan with employer match, Employee Stock Purchase Program, PTO (Paid Time Off), 12 paid holidays and Washington paid sick leave. Position Pay Range: $21.78 - $30.75/Hour. Hiring range and position pay range may differ, commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Nearest Major Market: Seattle
Nearest Secondary Market: Yakima