Clerk, Ship/Receiving 1
Yakima, WA, US, 98903
Triumph Group designs, engineers, manufactures, repairs and overhauls a broad portfolio of aviation and industrial components, accessories, subassemblies, systems and aircraft structures. We partner with original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and operators of commercial, regional, business and military aircraft worldwide, to provide products and services that solve their hardest problems. So whatever the part, component or complexity of assembly, Triumph is committed to quality, service and meeting the specialized needs of each customer.
Triumph participates at all levels of the aerospace supply chain – from single components, to complex systems, to aerospace structures and their contents. We provide solutions for the entire product life cycle of an aircraft – from raw material to aftermarket service. Our unique ability to integrate a broad range of products and capabilities is our competitive advantage.
Responsible for the receiving of raw materials, purchased products, and outside processed products. Responsibilities also include the packaging and shipping of commercial and military products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Packaging military and commercial products. Follow specific customer flow-down requirements.
- Knowledge of packing lists and written transport waybills.
- Basic visual part inspection and certification verifications.
- Ordering packaging materials.
- Computer access to customer portals, as well as FedEx, UPS, and others as required.
- Knowledge of Commercial and Military receiving processes.
- Operate specific computer programs used in receiving parts.
- Work in a fast-paced, schedule-driven environment with flexibility to re-direct daily activities to meet demands.
- Ability to work with heavy pieces of raw stock.
- Operate specific computer tracking system.
- Ability to be forklift certified within 30 days, and drive company vehicle as required.
- Working with support resources and cell leaders to resolve production problems when they arise.
- Maintaining a safe working environment by adhering to safety policies, contributing to risk mitigation management teams, and keeping all work areas clean. Safely operate an industrial band saw and overhead hoists.
- Continuously striving to find ways to make the manufacturing process more efficient and effective
- Contributing to the overall effectiveness of the assembly department through participation in FOD, 5S, TPM, PM, and Process Improvement programs.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or equivalent required.
Basic understanding of the following preferred:
- Safety-orientated and willing to participate in continuous improvement team discussions and activities.
- Ability to use hand tools (power drill, circular cut-off saw, and staplers).
- Self-motivated, works well with others under minimal supervision, and performs other duties as required.
Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
Pursuant to International Traffic Arms Regulations (“ITAR”) and the Export Administration Regulations (“EAR”), applicants for SELECT positions will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship, U.S. Permanent Residence, or U.S. Immigration Status to meet the minimum qualifications for those select positions. All inquiries related to citizenship are asked solely to comply with ITAR and EAR export licensing requirements.
We offer a generous benefits package including medical, dental, vision, FSA/HSA plans, STD, LTD, life insurance, AD&D, EAP, legal, ID theft, pet insurance, tuition assistance, 401k plan with employer match, Employee Stock Purchase Program, PTO (Paid Time Off), 12 paid holidays and Washington paid sick leave. Position Pay Range: $16.05 - 22.66 hourly. Hiring range and position pay range may differ, commensurate with qualifications and experience.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability.
Please be aware that the Company requires all employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to obtain OR show proof of a vaccination. The Company is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.
Please contact us if you require assistance in applying for Triumph Group and we will provide reasonable accommodations via HRDepartment@triumphgroup.com. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please click here .
Nearest Major Market: Seattle
Nearest Secondary Market: Yakima