Senior Manager, Engineering
Senior Manager, Engineering
Park City, UT, US, 84098
Triumph Group designs, engineers, manufactures, repairs and overhauls a broad portfolio of aviation and industrial components, accessories, subassemblies, systems and aircraft structures. We partner with original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and operators of commercial, regional, business and military aircraft worldwide, to provide products and services that solve their hardest problems. So whatever the part, component or complexity of assembly, Triumph is committed to quality, service and meeting the specialized needs of each customer.
Triumph participates at all levels of the aerospace supply chain – from single components, to complex systems, to aerospace structures and their contents. We provide solutions for the entire product life cycle of an aircraft – from raw material to aftermarket service. Our unique ability to integrate a broad range of products and capabilities is our competitive advantage.
We are seeking an experienced, dynamic individual for the position of Senior Manager, Engineering with principal responsibilities to manage the entire Park City engineering department, oversee the design and development of new products as well as the support of existing fielded products. This position is responsible for staffing and managing project timelines and budgets. Triumph Geared Solutions (TGS) Engineering provides expert mechanical design and development of geared aerospace products. Engineering capabilities at Park City include prototyping, analysis & design, maintaining a comprehensive full-service test infrastructure, and conducting development and verification test programs for new product introduction and legacy production programs. Key products and services include design, development, manufacture, and support of high-speed aerospace gears (complex spiral bevel gears/pinions, helical gears, bull gears, spur gears), gear components, machined housings, integrated gearboxes, airframe mounted accessory drives (AMAD), engine mounted accessory drives (EMAD) and rotorcraft transmissions, spanning commercial and military fixed-wing and rotorcraft applications.
The Senior Manager, Engineering is responsible for assuring the department is staffed with all necessary competency and manages the engineering work force schedule and budget performance. The position will also lead efforts to validate technical plans, schedules, assumptions, and integrity of the design and compliance evidence.
Partnering with the site General Managers, the Senior Manager, Engineering will:
- Assure that product safety and integrity are never compromised.
- Oversee the technical integrity of gear box (AMAD / EMAD) and geared actuator product design and development. Ensure sound, validated analytic and test methods and procedures are used in the development of all products.
- Accountable to the Geared Solutions GM’s and OpCo Presidents for engineering costs and scheduled performance.
- Provide technical leadership for the Engineering Team to assure successful execution of product development programs for new or modified product from concept design through production transition.
- Interface with customers to coordinate high level program activity or resolve issues. Ensure Technical Reviews are comprehensive, assess all aspects of the development phase, identify risks, are compliant, and completed with appropriate documentation.
- Ensure new product development procedures are adhered to and that recommendations for continuous improvement relative to lessons learned are communicated and incorporated into revised processes.
- Responsible for assuring engineering staff has the domain expertise and experience necessary for development and support of Geared Solutions products.
- Ensure timely, thorough, and accurate technical support is provided for in-service product sustaining engineering.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
- Experience in product development in aerospace gear systems, transmissions, actuation or similar related industry experience.
- Experience in working and leading product development teams, reviewing project plans, and risk assessments necessary for successful program execution.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship on a continual and on-going basis.
- Master of Science in Engineering
- Experience in technical leadership on multiple, complex aerospace development programs.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience managing people or large product development teams.
- Operational familiarity with MRO practices for both military and civil in-service programs.
- Ability to review and validate structural and thermal analyses
- Strong verbal written, and presentation skills
- Knowledge of technological trends to build strategy
- Understanding of budgets and business-planning processes
- Ability to conduct technological analyses and research
- Excellent communication skills
- Leadership and organizational abilities
- Strategic thinking
- Problem-solving aptitude
All Positions at Triumph Geared Solutions require access to information or technology that is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and other US government security regulations. These laws do not permit access rights to non-US Citizens or to other unauthorized individuals. Therefore, presently all applicants must be US Citizens or US Permanent Residents (*green card holders*) and/or otherwise comply with ITAR requirements for access rights to be considered for a position.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability.
Please be aware that the Company requires all employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to obtain OR show proof of a vaccination. The Company is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.
Please contact us if you require assistance in applying for Triumph Group and we will provide reasonable accommodations via HRDepartment@triumphgroup.com. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please click here .
Nearest Major Market: Salt Lake City