North Wales, PA, US, 19454-0901
Triumph Group designs, engineers, manufactures, repairs and overhauls a broad portfolio of aviation and industrial components, accessories, subassemblies, systems and aircraft structures. We partner with original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and operators of commercial, regional, business and military aircraft worldwide, to provide products and services that solve their hardest problems. So whatever the part, component or complexity of assembly, Triumph is committed to quality, service and meeting the specialized needs of each customer.
Triumph participates at all levels of the aerospace supply chain – from single components, to complex systems, to aerospace structures and their contents. We provide solutions for the entire product life cycle of an aircraft – from raw material to aftermarket service. Our unique ability to integrate a broad range of products and capabilities is our competitive advantage.
The General Manager (GM) will provide overall direction, leadership and oversight to the management team and workforce within the business, with a goal of generating maximum profitability and customer satisfaction. The GM is responsible for providing strategic leadership for the company by working with the President and other management to establish long-range goals, strategies, plans, and policies. The GM is responsible for the successful execution of programs, formulating and implementing winning strategies, balancing risk and maximizing the strength of the combined functional staffs.
- In conjunction with the Operating Company President, develop and execute annual and long-term strategic business plans, policies and procedures that fulfill the growth and financial return objectives of the company.
- Ensure that on time delivery and quality of products is consistent with customer requirements thus driving positive customer relationships.
- Lead the development of annual fiscal year business plans, objectives and initiatives to ensure successful site performance and growth. Ensure specific goals, actions and initiatives are implemented and executed with favorable results.
- Ensure the integrity of the Site Quality Management System is maintained and followed by all employees, maintaining all necessary site qualifications and certifications.
- With the OpCo Director of Business Development, identify strategic long and short-term potential new business, programs, customers that match overall business core competencies and technical expertise for the company.
- Promote functional excellence in the areas of Engineering, Quality Program Management, Supply chain, Finance and Human Resources by partnering with functional leaders across the business.
- Ensure flawless execution and control of material and supply chain management.
- Provide direction and oversight to department heads and value stream managers assuring new programs and projects support present and future business objectives.
- Maintain detailed working knowledge and understanding of Lean Manufacturing and Continuous improvement and their importance of driving cycle time and cost out of products.
- Act as the driving force to develop and build the business as well as forge an effective management team. Emphasize team building through effective communications, developing an efficient organizational structure that is responsive to strategic program requirements and changes.
- Support the business mission and vision of “One Triumph” by modeling desired behaviors, communicating and reinforcing key messages through daily activities and interactions.
- Serve as the face to external and internal customers including but not limited to company stakeholders, customers, suppliers, regulatory agencies, community members and state/local authorities.
- Support/focus on engaging the workforce, participating in training plan development, promoting positive employee relations, ensuring fair problem-solving processes and support performance management processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, operations or other related degree or extensive relatable experience is required. Master’s Degree or MBA a plus.
- Minimum of 10 years’ progressive program management and/or operations leadership experience is required. Experience in job shop nonstandard flexible production is preferred.
- Demonstrated success in total profit and loss leadership of an MRO or manufacturing business of $50M in revenue is required; must include ownership of all relevant business functions.
- Demonstrable working knowledge and understanding of lean manufacturing and continuous improvement and their importance of driving turn times improvements and cost out of products produced is required.
- Experience and success in nurturing, growing and strengthening customer and supplier relationships based on strategic management, a bias for action and a track record of results is required.
- Demonstrated ability to apply logic to a wide range of abstract and practical problems faced in the context of business, and to problem solve for positive outcomes is required.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Must be a strategic and analytical, and a results-oriented leader with sound judgment who will empower others to take ownership and pride in company operations.
- Detailed working knowledge and understanding of lean manufacturing and continuous improvement and their importance of driving cycle time and cost out of products produced.
- Working knowledge and understanding of business support functions and their contributions including human resources, information technology, accounting, finance, etc.
- Possesses the ability to apply logic to a wide range of abstract and practical problems faced in the context of business and to problem-solve possible resolutions and outcomes.
- Development and management of operating and capital investment plans.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong track record of establishing and developing a company culture focused on positive employee relations and continuous improvement.
- Demonstrated experience as a change agent with ability to build trust, influence and communicate at all levels within the organization.
- Proven ability to collaborate broadly across all levels of the organization and achieve results through accountability with cross-functional teams.
- Proven experience building dynamic, successful, high performing teams, understanding how to motivate and inspire.
- A champion who forges customer and vendor relationships.
- Ability to exercise influence without authority and deliver results without having direct control over the resources needed to achieve.
Pursuant to International Traffic Arms Regulations (“ITAR”) and the Export Administration Regulations (“EAR”), applicants for SELECT positions will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship, U.S. Permanent Residence, or U.S. Immigration Status in order to meet the minimum qualifications for those select positions. All inquiries related to citizenship are asked solely to comply with ITAR and EAR export licensing requirements.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability.
Please be aware that the Company requires all employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to obtain OR show proof of a vaccination. The Company is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.
Please contact us if you require assistance in applying for Triumph Group and we will provide reasonable accommodations via HRDepartment@triumphgroup.com. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please click here .