Engineering Project Manager 2
Engineering Project Manager 2
West Hartford, CT, US, 06110-1328
Triumph Group designs, engineers, manufactures, repairs and overhauls a broad portfolio of aviation and industrial components, accessories, subassemblies, systems and aircraft structures. We partner with original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and operators of commercial, regional, business and military aircraft worldwide, to provide products and services that solve their hardest problems. So whatever the part, component or complexity of assembly, Triumph is committed to quality, service and meeting the specialized needs of each customer.
Triumph participates at all levels of the aerospace supply chain – from single components, to complex systems, to aerospace structures and their contents. We provide solutions for the entire product life cycle of an aircraft – from raw material to aftermarket service. Our unique ability to integrate a broad range of products and capabilities is our competitive advantage.
Triumph Group designs, engineers, manufactures, repairs, and overhauls a broad portfolio of aviation and industrial components, accessories, subassemblies, systems, and aircraft structures. We partner with original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and operators of commercial, regional, business, and military aircraft worldwide, to provide products and services that solve their hardest problems. So, whatever the part, component or complexity of assembly, Triumph is committed to quality, service and meeting the specialized needs of each customer. Triumph participates at all levels of the aerospace supply chain – from single components to complex systems, to aerospace structures and their contents. We provide solutions for the entire product life cycle of an aircraft – from raw material to aftermarket service. Our unique ability to integrate a broad range of products and capabilities is our competitive advantage.
Based in West Hartford CT, Triumph Systems, Electronics and Controls is a leading independent aerospace system supplier for the commercial and military helicopter and business jet markets and employs approximately 500 employees. The Company’s key products and services include electronic engine controls, fuel metering units, main fuel pumps and environmental control systems for both the OE and aftermarket/spares end markets.
We are rapidly growing and looking for people who feel rewarded by innovation, career growth, and making an impact and while working with state-of-the-art equipment on cutting-edge projects. If you’re ready to be challenged, inspired, and supported as you pursue your professional best, we hope you’ll explore a future with TRIUMPH.
About the Job:
Position Summary: The Deputy Program Manager works at the direction of Program Manager(s) and is accountable to aid in the planning and execution of programs, including full life cycle management of products per assigned Customer Accounts.
The Deputy Program Manager is responsible in assisting a Program Manager for overall customer account management; tasks and activities can include:
- Assist in leading assigned cross-functional Integrated Program Team (IPT) including operations, engineering, test, quality, purchasing, and manufacturing to ensure proactive focus on program requirements, quality, deliveries, and customer satisfaction.
- Coordinate multiple projects of med-high complexity and risk or projects with multiple sub-projects.
- Execute, monitor and control the schedule, cost deliverables, risk management and scope to meet stakeholder expectations.
- Work with functional managers and department heads to allocate resources to the project team.
- Proactively manages for resource conflicts and constraints.
- Leverage the use of the Triumph Product Development process to support New Product Introductions.
- Operates across the enterprise to resolve elevated issues internally and with the customer, working to ensure removal of roadblocks to success.
- Assist in presenting program status to customers and Triumph senior leadership.
- Update and maintain program metrics (e.g. on-time delivery, scope and change management, budget, etc.).
- Assists in orchestrating response to customer scope changes in collaboration with Business Development, Program Manager and the project team.
- Support continuous improvement initiatives, including Kaizen events.
- Participate in and support new business development activities, including customer meetings, technology roadmaps, and proposals.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to interface with an organization at all levels
- Demonstrated work ethic
- Ability to take the initiative to become involved in activities to help resolve problems and make improvements
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Be able to negotiate face to face or with a group
- Understand and influence stakeholders – see the big picture
- Have a good understanding of risks to be taken or not
- Challenge preconceived ideas
- Excellent in building sustainable relationships
- Bachelor’s degree required; degree in Engineering or another technical field preferred.
- 3+ years of related Program/Project management or contracts experience is required.
- Experience in an aerospace, defense or other engineering/manufacturing industry is preferred.
- Must have good command of project management methodologies (e.g. PMI-PMBOK or equivalent). PMP or equivalent certification is preferred.
- Demonstrates a commitment to Quality, specifically Six Sigma, Lean and continuous improvement philosophies.
- Proficiency with MS-Project program scheduling/resource allocation planning tools is essential.
- Strong business acumen coupled with aptitude and motivation to learn new functions and expand areas of expertise.
- Effective strategic, long-term and planning thought processes.
- Manage all major issues in primary practice areas with minimal supervision.
- Comfortable in giving presentations to senior leadership.
- Focused on customer needs, builds and maintains trust in relationship.
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally, as required.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
Pursuant to International Traffic Arms Regulations (“ITAR”) and the Export Administration Regulations (“EAR”), applicants for SELECT positions will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship, U.S. Permanent Residence, or U.S. Immigration Status in order to meet the minimum qualifications for those select positions. All inquiries related to citizenship are asked solely to comply with ITAR and EAR export licensing requirements.
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage with plan options that provide flexibility and choice (including telehealth options)
- Healthcare spending accounts
- Paid parental leave
- Paid/flexible time off in addition to paid company holidays
- 401(k) with company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Disability and life insurance
- Incentives and performance-based rewards
- Exciting growth and development opportunities empowered by our TRIUMPH Transformation and an entrepreneurial environment that encourages innovation and creativity
As one team, we enable the safety and prosperity of the world.
We partner with our Customers to TRIUMPH over their hardest aerospace, defense, and industrial challenges to deliver value to our stakeholders.
- Integrity – Do the right thing for our stakeholders. We value safety, diversity, and respect.
- Teamwork – Win as One team-one company. Solicit help and assist others.
- Continuous Improvement – Pursue zero defect quality. Attack problems and relentlessly raise the bar.
- Innovation – Passion for growing the business. Lead through ingenuity and entrepreneurship.
- Act with Velocity – Partner, anticipate and communicate. Proactively solve problems.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The work environment characteristics and physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms: stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS):
Employees are responsible for the Health, Safety, and Welfare of themselves, the environment, and other people. All employees must comply with EHS policy training and instructions, help to maintain a safe and clean working environment, and use any Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) provided by the Company. Employees must report any accidents, incidents, and near misses to management. Additionally, employees are expected to notify management of any dangerous or potentially dangerous situations or practices.
Code of Conduct
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the TRIUMPH behaviors captured within our core values: Integrity, Teamwork, Continuous Improvement, Innovation, and Act with Velocity. Detailed definitions are below and performance metrics for each behavior can be found on our intranet and is embedded within our Performance Management processes. All employees are expected to represent the values and maintain the standards contained in TRIUMPH’s Code of Conduct.
Triumph is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability.
Please be aware that the Company requires all employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to obtain OR show proof of a vaccination. The Company is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.
Please contact us if you require assistance in applying for Triumph Group and we will provide reasonable accommodations via HRDepartment@triumphgroup.com. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please click here .