Machine Operator 3
Machine Operator 3
Taylorsville, NC, US, 28681
Triumph Group designs, engineers, manufactures, repairs and overhauls a broad portfolio of aviation and industrial components, accessories, subassemblies, systems and aircraft structures. We partner with original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and operators of commercial, regional, business and military aircraft worldwide, to provide products and services that solve their hardest problems. So whatever the part, component or complexity of assembly, Triumph is committed to quality, service and meeting the specialized needs of each customer.
Triumph participates at all levels of the aerospace supply chain – from single components, to complex systems, to aerospace structures and their contents. We provide solutions for the entire product life cycle of an aircraft – from raw material to aftermarket service. Our unique ability to integrate a broad range of products and capabilities is our competitive advantage.
Triumph Insulation Systems LLC
Laminator Operator/Printer 2nd Shift 12:30pm-9:00pm
BASIC PURPOSE: Operate lamination equipment in the production of flexible laminates for use in the aerospace industry.
PRINCIPLE ACCOUNTABILITIES - ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (Other duties may be assigned)
1. Lead as part of a 3-man laminating crew.
2. Monitor quality of raw materials as well as finished goods.
3. Provide samples to quality control personnel as required.
4. Move, load and unload inventory and other materials and equipment utilizing a variety of motorized forklifts and manual handling devices.
5. Perform change-over activities including roll and adhesive clean-up.
6. Record data transactions related to the use, production, and movement of materials.
7. Assist in maintenance, slitting and traffic as needed and directed.
8. Special projects and assignments as needed.
9. Set up machine controls in accordance with SOP.
10. Monitor adhesive level lay-down, material tracking and oven temp.
11. Monitor all machine settings, controls & readouts.
12. Preparation of the coater for each particular product run.
• Organization, cleanliness, adherence to company policies/procedures, attention to quality, attention to details and accuracy of paperwork are important facets of this position.
• Perform all job-related activities in a safe, effective, and efficient manner within the companies’ stated policies, procedures and standards of practice including those related to Environmental, Health and Safety.
• Minimize waste-Avoid Scrap
• Maximize Efficiency-reduce downtime
• Be the driving force, take charge, motivate.
INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL RELATIONSHIPS:
• Maintenance Supervisor-Taylorsville
• Quality control personnel
• Laminator Supervisors-Taylorsville
• General Manager-Taylorsville
• Machine and Maintenance Operators-Taylorsville
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
3+ years’ lamination, printing, and/or coating experience. Experience operating mixing equipment, oxidizers or slitters is a plus. Mechanical aptitude is a plus. Experience with excel spreadsheets is required for data entry. Knowledge of Adhesive formulations a plus.
MENTAL & PHYSICAL ASPECTS:
• Mental and visual demands:
o General intelligence High school level
o Motor coordination skills – Must be excellent
o Coordination of eyes, hands, and feet – Must be excellent
o Verbal intelligence High school level
Math skills High school level
o Color determination Necessary
• Physical working conditions:
o Sitting As needed for paperwork, forklift operation and other duties
o Stooping and crouching __Crawling __Walking __Climbing ___ These are regular requirements of this position when operating production equipment.
o Lifting (how much, how often) Regularly, up to 70 lbs.
o Reaching __ Pushing/pulling __Carrying __Grasping __ These are regular requirements of this position.
o Speaking __Listening Critical
o Workplace chemicals: Solvents, solvent fumes, adhesives, lubricants, coolants, propane
o Heat __Outside work __Cold __ Occasional outside work
o Travel __ None
o Noise exposures __Atmospheric exposures, Motor noise, Fan noise.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel assigned to this job.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability.
Please be aware that the Company requires all employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to obtain OR show proof of a vaccination. The Company is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.
Please contact us if you require assistance in applying for Triumph Group and we will provide reasonable accommodations via HRDepartment@triumphgroup.com. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please click here .
Nearest Major Market: Hickory