Summer Intern, Chem Lab & NDT
Summer Intern, Chem Lab & NDT
Park City, UT, US, 84098
Triumph Group designs, engineers, manufactures, repairs and overhauls a broad portfolio of aviation and industrial components, accessories, subassemblies, systems and aircraft structures. We partner with original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and operators of commercial, regional, business and military aircraft worldwide, to provide products and services that solve their hardest problems. So whatever the part, component or complexity of assembly, Triumph is committed to quality, service and meeting the specialized needs of each customer.
Triumph participates at all levels of the aerospace supply chain – from single components, to complex systems, to aerospace structures and their contents. We provide solutions for the entire product life cycle of an aircraft – from raw material to aftermarket service. Our unique ability to integrate a broad range of products and capabilities is our competitive advantage.
Triumph is actively recruiting a Summer 2024 Chem Lab/NDT Intern to support a range of technical responsibilities in a fast-paced manufacturing production environment. The internship provides a college-level student with practical experience related to their major that will enhance and complement classroom learning.
- Collaboration with cross-functional teams including operations, engineering, manufacturing, and inspection to ensure high quality product is delivered to our customers
- Understand and analyze complex problems and derive solutions
- Effectively communicate technical issues, solutions, ideas and concepts to a diverse audience including Program Managers, Customers, and Executive Management
- Use data analytics for products/processes to investigate nonconformance history, identify trends, and drive action to reduce defects
- Identify opportunities for quality improvements and remove non-value added waste
- Perform 5S/6S functions within the NDT, MetLAb, and ChemLab areas
- Identify and catalog radiographs
- Perform case depth analysis for different cycles of carbonization furnaces to support consistency between them
- Research, create, and complete compliance matrixes for chemical processing, heat treatment, and pyrometry metrology
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math (STEM)
- Rising Junior or Senior
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to interface with an organization at all levels
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks
- Demonstrated work ethic
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficiency in utilizing Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Candidates must be a US Citizen or a US Permanent Resident
- Lean or Six Sigma experience
- Compliance and Regulatory experience
- Experience with Root Cause and Corrective Action (RCCA)
All Positions at Triumph Geared Solutions require access to information or technology that is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and other US government security regulations. These laws do not permit access rights to non-US Citizens or to other unauthorized individuals. Therefore, presently all applicants must be US Citizens or US Permanent Residents (*green card holders*) and/or otherwise comply with ITAR requirements for access rights to be considered for a position.
Pursuant to International Traffic Arms Regulations (“ITAR”) and the Export Administration Regulations (“EAR”), applicants for SELECT positions will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship, U.S. Permanent Residence, or U.S. Immigration Status in order to meet the minimum qualifications for those select positions. All inquiries related to citizenship are asked solely to comply with ITAR and EAR export licensing requirements.
Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability.
Please be aware that the Company requires all employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to obtain OR show proof of a vaccination. The Company is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.
Please contact us if you require assistance in applying for Triumph Group and we will provide reasonable accommodations via HRDepartment@triumphgroup.com. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please click here .
Nearest Major Market: Salt Lake City